Junior Research Scientist - Diagnostics
Micron Agritech Limited
Grangegorman, Dublin 7, County Dublin
Micron Agritech is a start-up driving the future of animal health, helping reduce environmental impact whilst increasing productivity through technology. We are disrupting animal healthcare through rapid, on-site diagnostics utilising next-generation software and hardware. We are a dynamic, highly motivated, and adaptable team.
About the role:
We are looking for a junior scientist to join our team in Dublin. This person will work with others in the research and validation team and guide our R&D roadmaps for our innovative mobile-based diagnostics platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lab work – experimentations to be completed that fit in with validation and R&D roadmaps.
- Identification of veterinary parasites (in-house training).
- Responsible for reviewing incoming tests on veterinary GI parasites.
- Image annotations (in-house training).
- Assisting in research and testing of new product developments.
- Completion of paperwork to good documentation practice standards and in a prompt manner.
- Participate in the risk management process.
- Assisting in root cause investigations.
- Participate in risk management process.
- Liaise with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. (E.g. biology, animal health, veterinary science, etc)
- Lab experience.
- Microsoft Excel and word knowledge.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Experience with parasitology
- Experience in the animal health space
Who you are:
- You enjoy working in highly dynamic environments where your ideas are quickly implemented.
- You are a team worker that enjoys collaborating with others.
- You want to have a measurable impact on the world.
- You have excellent communication skills and can effortlessly present ideas.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset with attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options.
- Employee reward scheme.
- 23 days leave.
- Free GP service.
- Continuous professional development.
- Performance bonus.
- and many more.